Our shop was originally founded in 1913 in Ansbach by Georg Hedel as a glazier’s workshop, but soon enough also the framing and selling of pictures was part of the business. After son Adam Hedel took over the shop in 1937, the branch of business for art & frames was operating under the name of Kunsthandlung Adam Hedel.
Since 1971 both branches are being operated as separate businesses, both meanwhile in the fourth generation. Whereas the original glazier’s business (today: Glacryl Hedel GmbH, also in Ansbach) was continued by the grandson and great-
Our original shop was situated in the Pfarrstraße, but in 1982 we moved into the historical timber-
Since the founding of our art shop, it has always been important to us to support the local and regional art & culture scene and to get involved with respective projects. For instance, several exhibitions have already been organized together with the city of Ansbach and the Markgrafenmuseum, the most recent one being a special exhibition about local painter Gottfried Scheer in 2016 (Article about the exhibition, 2016, in German).
Since the end of 2016, our business is being continued by the long-
(All linked articles were kindly provided by the Fränkische Landeszeitung, FLZ.)